26 October 2009

A Scientist Confronts God

I found a little story recently in the ancient recesses of my computer. I hope you can handle a bit of humor...


The scientist approached God and said, "Listen, we've decided we no longer
need you. Nowadays, we can clone people, transplant hearts and do all kinds of
things that were once considered miraculous."

God patiently heard him out, and then said, "All right. To see whether or not
you still need me, why don't we have a man-making contest?"

"Okay, great!" the scientist replied excitedly.

"Now, we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam,"
God said.

"That's fine by me," replied the scientist, "we've figured that part out." and he bent to scoop up a handful of dirt.

"Whoa!" God said, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Not so fast, pal...FIRST, you have to create your own universe!"

No comments:

Post a Comment